HAI is pleased to announce the launch of the International Partnership Program to enhance safety and cooperation across the worldwide vertical lift community. This program will benefit the entire rotorcraft industry by promoting common safety and operational standards and best practices, and by facilitating a collaborative approach to building and sustaining the global industry.
“We are very excited to strengthen HAI’s ties with other vertical lift organizations,” says HAI President and CEO James A. Viola. “Aviation is a global industry in both manufacturing and operations, and this is reflected in our challenges. By working together, the international industry can better leverage our finite resources to pursue common priorities and goals.”
The program was launched on Jun. 30, 2020, with the signing of an agreement by Viola and President Ray Cronin. “We launched this program with our close partners in Australia, but we will continue to expand to other vertical lift associations around the world,” says Viola.
“AHIA is committed to use all resources to ensure its members are fully informed on safety and innovative programs that enhance the use of rotorcraft. Partnering with HAI through the IPP is a firsthand opportunity to achieve this goal,” says Cronin. “In addition, with the second-largest fleet in the world, Australia has a broad cross section of rotorcraft activities operating in sometimes challenging climatic conditions, as was evidenced in the 2019–20 wildfire season. We need to communicate lessons learned and safety outcomes to the international community in a timely manner, and the IPP will be a conduit for this.”
“Thanks to the efforts made by my predecessor, Jan Becker, and Jim Viola, HAI is making great strides in furthering its international reach,” says Stacy Sheard, chair of the HAI Board of Directors. “Stepping up our international collaborations through the IPP will help us to see other perspectives from around the world, open global lines of communication, and learn from each other’s experiences. Supporting the worldwide vertical lift community will bring immeasurable returns, both to our industry and to HAI.”
Through the IPP program, HAI and its partners agree to work together to:
- Provide members with services that directly benefit their operations
- Promote, produce, and deliver programs that improve industry safety
- Collaborate with regulatory and legislative authorities to promote industry objectives
- Educate key stakeholders on the unique contributions vertical flight offers society, and foster public confidence in the value and safety of vertical lift operations
- Facilitate an open exchange of information between rotorcraft owners, operators, customers, pilots, aeronautical engineers, and other stakeholders
- Promote professionalism, economic viability, and integrity within the industry.