Helicopter Specialties, Inc. (HSI) is pleased to have finished their 23rd year in business on a strong note. And 2023 is starting strong, with helicopters arriving at a steady pace at the Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport from air medical organizations, government, corporate, utility, private and international segments.
HSI serves national and international customers utilizing the most up to date tooling, training, and technology available in the industry. The work they provide includes custom interiors, heavy maintenance, avionics, custom fabrication, engineering, structural repairs, and painting for helicopters of all types. They also provide avionic services for fixed wing aircraft.
Some highlights for the start of 2023:
- Airbus H145D3 for custom cabinet/storage upgrades, weather radar upgrade and maintenance
- Airbus H125B3e completion for Bering Air of Nome Alaska
- Airbus H125B3e completion for a corporate/utility customer
- Performed heavy maintenance, repairs, paint and upgrades on an Airbus AS350B for a company based in Thailand
- Finalizing completion of a Hummingbird Helicopter for a Bell 407 customer
- Steady growth of Airbus titanium repair, composite repair and component work
- Bell B206 Component Overhaul with Bell B407 component overhaul to follow.
Helicopter Specialties is an FAA Certified Repair Station with 24 helicopter models on its FAA repair station certificate, including Airbus, Bell, Enstrom, Robinson, Leonardo and MD Helicopters. They are also authorized to service Safran, Honeywell/ Lycoming and Rolls Royce engines. They are an authorized Customer Service Facility for Airbus, Bell, Enstrom, Robinson Helicopters, and have many avionics dealerships as well.
HSI is proud of the long-term relationships they’ve developed and continue to maintain in the helicopter industry. Over the years HSI has been recognized by the Wisconsin Aviation Trades Association as “Aviation Business of the Year”. They have received multiple FAA “Diamond and Gold Awards” for Aviation Technician Training and Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce Economic Development “EDDY Award”.
You can learn more about Helicopter Specialties, Inc. at www.helicopterspecialties.net.
Helicopter Specialties is located at Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport, 4710 S Columbia Dr, Janesville, WI 53546.